Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time passes by

I sent a picture of my kids to my aunt and cousins for Christmas as I do each year.

When I was younger, I got to go to FL every year to see my Dad. This is also where my aunt and cousins live (other side of the family though), so I would visit them. I was about 10 when the oldest (a girl, J) was born, then there was a boy a couple years later (P), and another boy a few more years later (D). I got to spend time with them when they were small. At age 16, I no longer went to FL each summer. So the "kids" stayed that age in my mind (about 6, 4, and 2). Of course, they grew up when I wasn't looking. It still astounds me that 2 of them are in college already.

So, I sent this picture to them. P wrote me the other day and said he just couldn't believe how big my kids are getting, that he still expects the older (7 now) to be a baby, because that was when they saw him. lol. I told him that now he kinda knows how *I* feel. They've seen them one other time, when they were 3 and less than 1, but it wasn't for a long period of time. 12 hours is a long way to travel to see each other, but worth it. We need to make a trip. :)

No comments: