Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thanks, Mom!

Today, I went to Walmart with some Christmas money. I hit the toy clearance aisle and got TONS of things. Well, not tons. I got 3 Cranium forts (at $10 ea), Operation, an Aqua Doodle with a car that runs on the road you draw, a doctor set, an explorer set, along with various needed items for the home (Pullups, toothpaste, a calendar, that sort of thing). So, my son is thrilled when he comes home from school to all the new stuff. As we go along, I moved downstairs to my computer and the kids were playing upstairs. All of a sudden, my son yells from the top of the stairs "WOW Mom! You got me new toothpaste! THANKS!!" Now, I'm not belittling any thanks I get from my children, but I am certainly going to remember the day I bought all those toys and got thanked for toothpaste. But perhaps that's how we treat God sometimes too. He gives me a wonderful husband, great kids, a home, our health, and we only thank Him for the food some days.

No comments: